U.S. Bank Senior Cloud Engineer - Multiple Locations in United States
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to assist the organization in building and launching a Hybrid Cloud environment for use in new initiatives. As a member of the Cloud Platform Solutions team, you will be on the ground floor on a new Kubernetes implementation for the company, with the opportunity to utilize your expertise to become a Cloud SME for U.S. Bank. If you are a technologist who enjoys working on new technologies in a challenging, fast-paced environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
• Work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware
• Maintain and transform traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring.
• Design of cloud infrastructure using industry best practices
• Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
• Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
• Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
• Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
• Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
• Assist developments teams with designing new applications with a “cloud-native” approach to application architecture.
Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
At least 7 years of experience within a general information technology (IT) environment
At least 7 years of experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure
ISTIO – Service Mesh
AWS, GCP and or Azure
Bash, Python, or Ruby scripting
Java, Groovy, Maven
Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) Stack
IaC (Infrastructure as Code) technologies like: Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins
Rancher, PaaS Tools
CI/CD Pipeline: Jenkins, Bitbucket (Any git provider OK), Artifactory
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.