U.S. Bank CDC Business Impact Group - Strategic Partnerships Manager in Trenton, New Jersey
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Strategic Partnerships Director for CDC Business Impact Group (BIG) leads the collaborative development of strategic partnerships that will increase USBCDC’s ability to deliver social impact, specific to issues of gender, racial and economic equity. This role, in collaboration with our Employee Experience and Strategy teams will work with business line leaders to identify, cultivate, and manage, aligned internal and external partnerships that drive strategy execution and raise USBCDC visibility in each one of our business lines.
Success in this role demands the skill to build relationships, work collaboratively and manage stakeholders internal and external to the bank, the ability to think strategically and translate complex ideas into actionable plans, and subject matter expertise in community development.
This role reports to the Head of Access to Capital and DEI at USBCDC and will work closely with other senior leaders at USBCDC and U.S. Bank, as well as partner organizations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build and manage the development of partnerships with customers, vendors and industry stakeholders that achieve our social impact objectives and complement our existing business relationships and objectives
• Elevate USBCDC visibility and role in the industry, in partnership with marketing & communications, around a commitment to racial, economic equity, gender and social impact more generally, through participation or organizing of speaking engagements, convenings and/or sponsorship opportunities
• Provide input to content development for U.S. Bank and USBCDC internal and external reporting
• Stay up to date on related industry best practices, research and innovation
• Develop and manage an annual budget for external partnerships
• Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience in project management activities
• Deep understanding of the conditions that cause racial, economic and gender inequities and/or has expertise in the field of diversity, equity and inclusion
• 10 or more years of experience in partnership development, community relations, DEI, or related field
• Experience with CDFIs, community development finance, and/or banking/lending
• Clear communicator, both verbal and written, and comfortable in front of groups
• Highly effective interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and willingness to work across a wide range of stakeholders; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
• Significant experience in stakeholder management and partnership development
• Ability to manage multiple projects and developing strategies, especially when details are emergent or unclear
• Ability to identify, create and respond to opportunities in alignment with strategy
• Ability to deliver results in a matrix environment
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $101,150.00 - $119,000.00 - $130,900.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.