U.S. Bank Software Engineering Director Data Streaming in San Francisco, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
• Lead a team of data engineers and technology experts consisting of employees, contractors, and offshore developers to deliver data engineering capabilities. Lead multiple data modernization efforts as part of overall Technology Modernization strategy. • Responsible for application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution. • Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with product managers, engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules • Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends • Partner and own product roadmap, program increment, estimating and planning using Agile Methodology and SAFe • Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity • Lead and supervise delivery team on a day-to day basis, providing support in maintaining delivery commitments, project parameters, ensuring project deliverables, milestones, resource allocation and costs • Remove technical obstacles, enhance team processes, and continuously improve • Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to our best practices • Stimulate overall architecture, security, design plus certifications of software products • Proactively interact with business lines to ensure project requirements, scope of proposals, identify challenges and assess risks. Work with PMO to ensure TOS SVPs and EVPs are kept updated on project status etc.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience Six to eight years of relevant technical experience Five or more years of leading a software engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 10 or more years of banking or IT experience
- 5 or more years of management experience
- 10+ years of technology experience.
- 7+ years of management experience of technical teams with proven experience in both large and medium size teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field. DB2 Blue and Data Stage ETL Technologies, and experience with Migration to Cloud and big data technologies. Architect, strategist, and developer with deep and broad knowledge of information systems technology, especially digital systems and data products.
- Exceptional leadership abilities and strategic management skills with considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to different stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills with ability to understand the big picture and details of applications
- Experience with DevOps, SCRUM / AGILE methodologies
- Must be able to perform all duties of the job including research, design, software implementation, team management, and systems deployment without assistance
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams. They must have a commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Expertise with open source technologies and hands on experience working with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark/Flink, NiFi, HDFS, Hive, Cassandra, Druid and other big data platforms
- Strong experience in programming languages like C, C++, Java, Scala, Python
- Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices and ability to review code
- Deep understanding of Private and Public Cloud Architectures
Benefits: Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
E-Verify U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.