U.S. Bank Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) in San Francisco, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Senior Big Data Engineer will execute true end-to-end development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, Senior Big Data Engineer will help refine the product vision, estimate and design a solution, create, purchase, or customize the requisite hardware and software to create the solution, ensure the quality of the final product through manual and automated tests, and support the new software as it is moved to production.
• Develop and enhance solutions for Customer 360 platform
• Apply Dev/Ops mindset, take ownership of production success, optimize operation success via automation/active alerting/self-healing, and lead the resolution of production issues to ensure high-availability and performance.
• Drive the release planning and execution with end-to-end understanding and insights (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features.
• Develop high-quality code, define best engineering practice, perform peer code reviews to ensure successful deliverable with engineering excellence.
• Document engineering artifacts such as technical design document, flowcharts, system context diagrams, code comments etc.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product owner, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Collaborate with other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
At least 7 years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Knowledge of Spark, Scala and other programming languages
• Experience in airflow, elastic, google cloud, data quality
• Experience in managing big data sets
• Experience in Java and object-oriented design skills
• Experience building micro-services based applications
• Experience in Utilizing tools such as Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, ELK, Jenkins and frameworks such as Spring Boot to develop and deploy microservices
• Experience using CICD processes for application software integration and deployment using Maven, Git, Jenkins.
• Experience building scalable and resilient applications in private or public cloud environments and cloud technologies
• Experience with server side languages such as Python, Java, GoLang
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Considerable technical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.