U.S. Bank Principal Engineer AI/Machine Learning in San Francisco, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
• Implements AI/ML solutions through the entire development lifecycle, e.g. rapid prototype, design, build, assemble, test, and pilot.
• Designs, develops, and delivers code to implement AI/ML algorithms for experimentation and eventual adaption within the enterprise.
• Documents and articulates AI/ML solution code design and lessons learned for each exploration and accelerated incubation.
• Collaborates with other organizations within the company to define the optimal AI/ML solution deployment architecture and hosting environment.
• Encourages new transformative thinking and trail blazing, and facilitates imagination and ideation sessions.
• Collaborates with other organizations within the company to identify and flesh out new growth opportunities using AI/ML technologies.
• Maintains current knowledge of technology landscape and emerging developments.
• Works with various Product and Enterprise teams to optimize customer and user experiences.
• Employs practical approach to data access and management and eventual platform integration of AI/ML solutions.
• Ph.D. in a STEM field (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or related quantitative/technical fields) and at least 2 years of experience in AI/ML solution development and deployment OR a Master’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience.
• Strongly Preferred: extensive previous experience in AI/ML solution development in either Conversational AI/NLP or cybersecurity threat detection.
• Advanced working knowledge and extensive experience with programming and software design fundamentals, e.g. object oriented and functional design principles, best practices, etc.
• Extensive experience in developing within cloud-based environments (e.g. Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure), with emphasis on GPU-enabled computing.
• Extensive experience delivering and maintaining AI/ML solutions in production using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools (e.g. Jenkins, Kubernetes, GitHub, JIRA/Bitbucket/Bamboo, Artifactory, DataDog) and best practices.
• Experience with Python programming environment or equivalent (e.g. R, Scala) and related open-source technologies such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Deeplearning4j, etc.
• Experience with API’s or software packages for computer vision, deep learning, voice/speech recognition, and/or NLP, e.g. OpenCV, Gensim, BERT, SpaCy, NLTK, etc.
• Experience with multiple methods of batch and real-time streaming data access in both development and production environments, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful API’s, GraphQL, etc.
• Experience delivering communications in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.