U.S. Bank Lead Data Streaming Engineer in San Francisco, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
We're building next-generation messaging capabilities to deliver business events with low-latency to support near real-time processing and distribution of data. This will reliably deliver data between systems and enable applications that react to events as they occur. Platform provides high deliverability and resiliency to ensure events are processed in a timely manner, meeting desired SLA’s. We're seeking an energetic and talented lead to help us achieve our product vision and goals. You will focus on all the core software development activities.
• Lead collaboration with Business and Product Management to understand requirements, take a product approach to translate requirements into appropriate architecture and system functionality that successfully deliver required business success.
• Lead and responsible for technical design, work breakdown and estimation, and implementation of required features.
• Champion within the team along sprint process to be on top of the task and bug management system for timely deliverable or resolution.
• Apply Dev/Ops mindset, take ownership of production success, optimize operation success via automation/active alerting/self-healing, and lead the resolution of production issues to ensure high-availability and performance.
• Drive the release planning and execution with end-to-end understanding and insights (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features.
• Develop high-quality code, define best engineering practice, perform peer code reviews to ensure successful deliverable with engineering excellence.
• Actively guide and mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise and lead a few offshore engineers to maximize productivity.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
8+ years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
Eight or more years of experience across multiple technology disciplines
Three or more years of project/team leadership skills experience
Exceptional technical expertise in architectural design, development and implementation with specialization in multiple technology disciplines, platforms and applications
Experience developing streaming application solutions
Expert in Java development.
Knowledge of Scala and other programming languages
Expertise with open stack technologies, have prior experience in working with Kafka, Spark/Flink, NiFi, HDFS, Hive, Cassandra, Druid and other big data projects
Extensive knowledge in system integration and business process modeling
Superior understanding of the enterprise architectural blueprint requirements and the impact on business functions
Considerable technical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Deep understanding of Private and Public Cloud Architectures
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.