U.S. Bank Director of Technology - Application Development and Data Analytics in SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
The position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer of the Community Development Corporation, a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp, and provides leadership and vision for this organization's information technology group. The director is responsible for driving the digital transformation through innovation to accelerate organizational growth, increase efficiencies and accessing data analytics relevant to business goals. The director is responsible for aligning the organization's technologies to the needs of the business and its regulatory and compliance requirements. Assesses current gaps and anticipates expected gaps based on strategic objectives and determines how to fill them. Provides leadership for daily application and infrastructure technology operations and the design and implementation of new services and applications to meet organizational objectives.
The director manages relationships inside and outside the organization. Internally, works closely with business and technology stakeholders to ensure their current and future planning requirements are effectively and efficiently translated into technologies, standards and processes that meet those requirements in a timely manner.
The director promotes effective and collaborative interaction and communication with and between business lines, support functions and internal stakeholders, building synergy within own group and between groups. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develops IT strategy including leading the digital transformation through engaging technology and innovation to drive growth, increase efficiencies and provide actionable data. This includes development of business intelligence and data analytics capability that effectively engages with business lines, as well as internal and external partners
• Develops high performance team of IT professionals keeping them up-to-speed on the change of technology as well as develop key performance indicators for the group.
• Leads systems implementation, integrations, upgrades and changes to support the changing needs of the business.
• Monitors, analyzes and optimizes application and hardware performance to improve performance and ensure system integrity.
• Manages outside service providers including application licensing and support.
• Manages the IT managers and a team of technology analysts (including business analysts, developers, quality assurance testers and business intelligence).
• Establishes operational systems and procedures affecting the business unit and coordinates system conversions/enhancements from an operations perspective.
• Develops technology supporting the business lines needs and establishes priorities in line with strategic objectives.
• Strategically offers technology solutions to the business line enabling for efficient use of resources.
• Ensures quality service and effective operations support for all internal and external customers.
More information on the U.S. Bank CDC:
For more than 30 years, U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation (USBCDC) and its predecessor institutions have worked closely with partners to make positive financial, social, and environmental impacts across the country. A wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Bank, N.A., USBCDC makes and manages equity investments to finance community development initiatives using state and federal tax credit programs, including New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Renewable Energy Tax Credits, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits. We're also a prominent tax credit syndicator. More information about USBCDC can be found on the web at www.usbank.com/cdc.
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
12 or more years of operations experience in the financial services industry
Seven or more years of supervisory/management experience
Superior knowledge of operational functions, systems, policies and procedures for the assigned area
In-depth understanding and practical application of applicable laws and regulations
Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
Well-developed leadership abilities and strategic management skills
Experienced and knowledgeable in translating business needs into digital applications
Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills
Thorough knowledge of and experience with data analytics and business intelligence
-Experience working in or with financial institutions. Tax credit equity investment business knowledge a plus.
The director recruits and develops departmental staff and teams supporting network infrastructure and application development, such as business analysts, software developers and support specialists.
Develops IT strategy, goals, budgets, project plans and ensure they are properly cascaded through the technology and operations team.
Primary Location: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200013952
Other Locations: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, CA-CA-Los Angeles, Georgia-GA-Atlanta
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.