U.S. Bank Collections Team Manager - St. Louis, MO in SAINT LOUIS, Missouri
Responsible for providing the daily supervision and work direction for assigned collections team. Directs staff in the efficient resolution of credit card collections in order to reduce exposure and loss and maintain delinquency and loss ratios that are consistent with bank standards. Determines appropriate distribution of accounts among Collectors based on degree of difficulty, volume and loan type. Directly or through staff, works with delinquent customers to avoid further delinquency. Assists in developing policies and procedures to provide for more efficient collection processes.
This position is highly interactive, allowing the incumbent direct involvement with both the employees under their management and the front line.
• Motivating and educating staff to deliver on departmental customer satisfaction results and performance goals.
• Developing strategies and processes for interacting with customers to improve their experience.
• Participating in the development and enhancement of general processes and/or coaching procedures that will support company service and revenue generation goals.
• Interacting with internal departments to ensure the customers' and employees' needs are met.
• Developing, supporting and mentoring team members through the use of call monitors, team huddles, and monthly employee development plans, ensuring the feedback provided through these tools is accurate, complete, professional, timely, and provides the feedback and guidance necessary to ensure team members meet their goals.
• Recognizing, rewarding, and celebrating the successes and accomplishments of team members through the appropriate channels; and successfully fielding and finding resolution to customer escalations.
• Supervisory functions include leading and directing a staff of approximately 15 employees, evaluating employee performance and making salary recommendations, performing all aspects of the staffing process including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff to ensure appropriate hiring practices and maintain staffing levels, staff training, and providing work direction.
The department operates from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday,
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Fridays, 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. on Saturdays, and 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. on Sundays. The schedule will include a minimum of three evening shifts and a weekend day or night shift. Employees receive equitable days off in the week in which a weekend shift is worked. The hours and days of operation may change due to business need.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Two to three years of experience in collections and financial services industry
Minimum one year of management/supervisory experience
Basic knowledge of loan collection techniques, policies, procedures, and principles of credit lending
Working understanding of collection laws and regulations
Basic knowledge of consumer, residential, commercial and/or dealer originated installment lending as applicable
Some knowledge of on-line collection systems
Basic knowledge of general organizational operations and procedures
Strong planning and organizational skills
Good managerial skills
Ability to resolve moderate problems with minimal guidance
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis
Shift: 2nd - Evenings
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200010296
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.