U.S. Bank Senior Information Security Specialist - ServiceNow in Sacramento, California
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Information Security Specialist with demonstrated competence to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives and to support enterprise adherence to information security controls and industry best practices by participating in various initiatives to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our information systems. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with extensive experience in ServiceNow .
The candidate will have a broad understanding of security controls and can collaborate across organizations to achieve mutual goals. Interacts with attack surface reduction team to enhance customer experience. Reviews, develops, tests, and implements security plans, products, and control techniques. Reviews circumstances surrounding vulnerability and configuration findings and designs corrective actions. Documents security policies and procedures. Provides implementation support for ServiceNow vulnerability response and configuration compliance. Evaluates new and proposed security systems and technologies.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Supporting ServiceNow developers and engineers
• Reporting and escalating issues appropriately and in a timely manner
• Working with ServiceNow users to understand application requirements and crafting enhancements
• Providing recommendation to leadership on program enhancements and strategic direction
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least seven years of experience with the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to quality standards associated with developing, enhancing and operationalizing application systems and databases
Experience Should Include
• 5+ years experience working in an environment with r egulatory and compliance requirements for information security
• 5+ years experience in process development and documentation
• 3+ years experience working with and/or configuring ServiceNow with specific expertise with the Vulnerability Response and Configuration Compliance Modules
• 3+ years working in an Agile especially Scrum
• Familiarity with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Demonstrated professional verbal and writing skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and stakeholders
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams, senior leadership, technical resources, and auditors
• ServiceNow Certifications
• Any of the following Industry certifications in the area of information security, project management, or auditing such as CTPRP, CISM, CGEIT, CISA, GIAC GSEC, CRISC, or PMP
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
-Product and vendor evaluation
-IT standards, procedures, policy
Subject matter expert in:
-Information security technologies
-Information security management
-Information security architecture
-Information security audits
-Information security administration
-Network and internet security
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/prod/UBNAGLOBAL/documents/Thewaywework-1666895142717.pdf) drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $104,720.00 - $123,200.00 - $135,520.00
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.