U.S. Bank Quantitative Model Analyst 4 - AML in Richmond, Virginia
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This individual will work with a team of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) analysts responsible for supporting the development, production, and ongoing maintenance (including tuning and performance monitoring) of the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Transaction Monitoring systems. The ideal candidate for this position will be proficient in SAS or SQL and will have some combination of prior experience with BSA/AML monitoring applications, corporate risk/audit functions, and development of supporting professional documentation (development documents, program manuals, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
It is expected that this individual will be highly self-motivated, organized, and an effective manager of time with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. This individual will have proven capabilities in participation of analytical projects that require communication and coordination with team members and partners. Work efforts will also include results-based analysis on transaction monitoring programs used for the purpose of detecting money laundering and terrorist financing. This analysis includes ongoing performance assessments of various transaction monitoring channels, and related recommendations are used to determine if programs are performing satisfactorily and if existing thresholds are appropriate.
Professional communication skills are crucial as this individual will represent, either in person or through various deliverables the FIU Analytics team to management, Model Risk Management, Corporate Audit Services (CAS), and regulatory and business partners.
• Partner with team members in the Enterprise Financial Crimes Compliance group and the Financial Intelligence Unit to become familiar with various transaction monitoring applications, approaches, and processes.
• Possess an awareness of financial services related regulatory compliance environments as well as an interest to self-educate on new topics and changing requirements.
• Leverage experience to achieve advanced level knowledge of transaction monitoring related data environments and resources to support and develop analysis of transaction monitoring programs.
• Create professional program/reporting documentation in support of AML Transaction Monitoring and related reporting aligning to established standards.
• Construct and present materials for audiences including but not limited to senior leadership, model risk management, corporate audit, regulatory and business partners.
• Practice timely responses to ad hoc data and on-demand requests.
• Possess the ability to work independently with direction from leadership or senior analysts.
• Demonstrate a strong foundation of experience and continued interest using SQL and SAS across various data sources and environments.
• Utilize advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, and eight or more years of relevant experience
- MA/MS in a quantitative field, and five or more years of related experience
- PhD in a quantitative field, and four or more years of related experience
Basic data compilation, programming skills and qualitative analysis skills
Proficient in SAS and/or SQL or other similar programming with ability to learn SAS/SQL
Basic knowledge of the quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, and risk management approaches
Basic understanding of applicable regulatory rules and guidance
Ability to manage multiple tasks across various timelines
Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, negotiation, and project management skills
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $105,230.00 - $123,800.00 - $136,180.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.