U.S. Bank Senior Big Data Engineer - Richfield, MN in RICHFIELD, Minnesota
Senior Big Data Engineer will execute true end-to-end development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, Senior Big Data Engineer will help refine the product vision, estimate and design a solution, create, purchase, or customize the requisite hardware and software to create the solution, ensure the quality of the final product through manual and automated tests, and support the new software as it is moved to production.
• Develop and enhance solutions for Customer 360 platform
• Apply Dev/Ops mindset, take ownership of production success, optimize operation success via automation/active alerting/self-healing, and lead the resolution of production issues to ensure high-availability and performance.
• Drive the release planning and execution with end-to-end understanding and insights (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features.
• Develop high-quality code, define best engineering practice, perform peer code reviews to ensure successful deliverable with engineering excellence.
• Document engineering artifacts such as technical design document, flowcharts, system context diagrams, code comments etc.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product owner, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Collaborate with other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
At least 7 years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Knowledge of Spark, Scala and other programming languages
• Experience in airflow, elastic, google cloud, data quality
• Experience in managing big data sets
• Experience in Java and object-oriented design skills
• Experience building micro-services based applications
• Experience in Utilizing tools such as Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, ELK, Jenkins and frameworks such as Spring Boot to develop and deploy microservices
• Experience using CICD processes for application software integration and deployment using Maven, Git, Jenkins.
• Experience building scalable and resilient applications in private or public cloud environments and cloud technologies
• Experience with server side languages such as Python, Java, GoLang
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Considerable technical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200011766
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.