U.S. Bank Senior Application Developer - Richfield, MN in RICHFIELD, Minnesota
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Application Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business.
About the team:
The Content and Workflow Services (CWS) group provides enterprise applications and services for imaging, storing, retrieving, and managing content/documents—making up a critical technology competency across the entire bank.
• Perform and/or lead overall design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions. Develop basic and detailed program
specifications. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Lead technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical problems. Identify and manage interfaces, service
levels, standards and configurations.
• Analyze user needs and desired results and demonstrate good understanding of the business requirements driving the projects. May be key
point of contact for business line.
• Write, design, code, test, implement and debug applications adhering to software engineering best practices, standards and guidelines.
• Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems and identify potential issues. Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement
and recommends technical solutions.
• Perform application testing and validation. Create, review, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple projects. Identifies
opportunities to improve testing process.
• Continuously improve software engineering practices and lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience and scalability of your solutions.
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, teamwork and self-organization.
• Participate in internal or external technology communities and passionate about staying on top of technology and development trends.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 7 years of experience with designing, developing, and implementing applications
• At least 5 years of experience in .NET framework and C# and experience using .Net core
• Proven track record of working on fast-paced, time-sensitive projects that requires clear and timely communication, balancing priorities, and going above and beyond the requirement of the role
• Experience with front end technologies including .Net MVC, Angular, JQuery, Bootstrap and the related technology stack
• Experience with building and consuming REST and WCF/SOAP based services
• Experience writing comprehensive unit test scripts with Test Driven Development skills a plus
• 5 years of experience building software in a continuous integration environment
• 3 years of experience in Agile practices or high desire to work in an Agile / Scrum development team
• Experience in an environment using automated code quality tools
• TFS and/or GIT experience for source control, build, deployment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Desired technical skills
• Experience building solutions with REST / Micro Service Architecture
• Experience with container platforms and / or cloud platform(s)
• Integration experience with IBM FileNet or other vendor platforms and tools
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190043041
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.