U.S. Bank U.S. Bank Employment Attorney - Multiple locations in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Successful candidates for positions in the U.S. Bank Law Division consistently provide excellent advice and guidance to clients and colleagues on a variety of legal matters. They build trusting relationships that allow the business to make well-informed decisions. Successful candidates for positions in the Law Division also work to attract, retain, and develop great people in an inclusive environment where each person is valued for the distinct skills and attributes they bring to the group. They contribute to the excellence of the Law Division through meaningful collaboration, participation in the community, and investment in the development of the department.
U.S. Bank is seeking an employment attorney to join the Bank’s Legal Department. The role requires good judgment, a commitment to building cross-functional relationships and a strong work ethic. The primary function of this role is to provide advice and counsel to human resources business partners and business line managers on a wide variety of employment law issues arising across U.S. Bank’s national footprint.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, providing practical recommendations, often in real time. The ability to think on your feet and communicate under pressure is critical to success in this position. This is not a research and memo-writing position.
Successful candidates for a position in the U.S. Bank Law Division support U.S. Bank’s core values, which guide what we do every day:
• We do the right thing.
• We power potential.
• We stay a step ahead.
• We draw strength from diversity.
• We put people first.
In the U.S. Bank Law Division, we honor those values through our mission: “We guide our clients to remarkable results with expert legal counsel.” Our commitment is evident in the work we do, not only for the Bank, but for our communities. The Law Division has received several awards for its pro bono contributions, including the Minnesota Corporate Pro Bono Council’s “Excellence in Pro Bono Award,” and we encourage our legal professionals to contribute time and expertise to pro bono work as part of their role.
We are proud that in 2019 U.S. Bank was recognized as a “World’s Most Ethical Company®” by the Ethisphere Institute for a 6th year, named as one of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Companies,” and was on DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list. The U.S. Bank Law Division was also recognized in 2019 as one of Corporate Counsel’s “Best Legal Departments,” and as the “Best North American Legal Department in Financial Services & Insurance” by the International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards.
Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority
- 5 years of employment law experience in-house or at a law firm
• Strong employment law counseling background including hiring, terminations, discrimination, disability accommodations, investigations and wage & hour issues.
• Knowledge of federal employment laws as well as experience working with employment laws in multiple states.
• Experience influencing and driving strategy on pre-litigation, through correspondence to plaintiffs’ attorneys, separation agreements and other employment related documentation.
• Ability to develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes.
• Experience creating and delivering trainings related to employment law topics.
• Ability to provide thorough and accurate advice while balancing a high volume of consulting requests.
• High degree of discretion and judgment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment laws and related compliance issues
• Ability to work efficiently in a very fast-paced environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience interpreting and providing advice based on employment laws in multiple states
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200008691
Other Locations: District of Columbia-DC-Washington, North Carolina-NC-Charlotte, Georgia-GA-Atlanta, Ohio-OH-Cincinnati
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.