U.S. Bank U.S. Bank Employee Relations Consultant - Minneapolis, MN in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
The Employee Relations Consultant provides advice, counsel and analysis on a wide variety of complex employee relations matters. Partners with HR Business partners and other HR partners to administer employee relations programs and ensure they are in line with the organization’s goals and strategies, in accordance with all applicable policies, laws, regulations and government requirements.
• Coach and consult with HR partners on employee relations matters, including performance management, investigations, discipline and discharge, policy interpretation and compliance, and conduct or behavior issues guided by the company's policies and applicable employment and labor law.
• Review and approve/recommend investigation conclusions/outcomes
• Partner with and advise on investigations of employee relations matters and concerns by involving the appropriate individuals and functions. Advise on appropriate action based on company policy and practice as well as interpretation of relevant employment laws.
• Advise on reasonable accommodation requests and provide counsel on disability-related matters.
• Develop and conduct HR, manager and employee training in wide variety of areas such as ADA, harassment prevention, policy interpretation, and best practices affecting employees in the workplace
• Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in business, human resources or related field AND 7 years significant employee relations experience handling or advising on complex ER issues
• J.D. strongly preferred plus a minimum of 3-5 years of employment law practice OR Broad knowledge of and demonstrated experience with federal and state laws/regulations, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADEA and FMLA
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Experience with ADA and FMLA issues and best practices
• Experience developing, interpreting and providing guidance on HR policies
• Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to confidently make recommendations to senior leaders for improved employee relations results based on data and findings
• Ability to exercise discretion and judgment while working collaboratively with a variety of teams
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees
• Project management experience and ability a plus
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200006500
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.