U.S. Bank Software Engineering Manager - Minneapolis, MN in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspire, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud? At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for our Digital Banking Platform (online banking) with software engineering experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey. You will be responsible for leading the team responsible for architecture, design, development and implementation of high performing online banking and mobile banking applications on iOS, Android and React frameworks. We are super serious about application performance, and engaging UI with integrated experience across multiple applications. You'll work closely with the engineers on your team as well as Product, Design, QA and other partner teams to deliver well-engineered experiences that delight our customers. The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and offshore developers.
You will own release schedules in our fast-paced Agile environment. You will be adept with agile software development lifecycle using scrum methodology and DevOps pipeline. Customer experience and data security are core of all development work. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for all questions about release schedules, quality and progress updates.
• Manages technical projects or programs, working closely with product managers, engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
• Oversees the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
• Delivery of ongoing enhancements to enrich digital customer experience.
• Manages communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team; escalate issues as necessary.
• Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
• Develops tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Manages individual contributors (FTEs and Contractors) working on moderate/complex applications. Manages employee relations, performance, and reviews.
• Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience with developing and implementing applications
• Eight or more years of experience with major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
• Five or more years of managerial experience
• Experience in Enterprise Software Development using Agile practices especially Scrum and SAFe
• Appreciation of DevSecOps CICD pipeline especially test automation
• Strong understanding of Front End / UI Design Methodologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Hands on experience developing native web applications using react frameworks
• Experience managing a front-end engineering team
• Strong desire to improve our customer experience
• Strong understanding on mobile design principles, patterns and best practices
• Strong analytical skills and ability to review code
• Proven experience in both small and medium size teams
• Proven ability to architect mobile application and adopt and improve existing architecture
• Strong collaboration skills with peers
• Coordinate multiple streams of work and plan releases
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
• Good proven track record of development sustainable governance processes
• Web API, REST and GraphQL architecture
• Experience with HTML/JS / React Native is a strong plus
• Strong estimation and resource planning skills
• Ability to interact with Business line leaders and develop consensus
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200012611
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.