U.S. Bank Software Engineering Lead - Minneapolis, MN in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineering Lead for our Digital Banking Platform (mobile and online banking) with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing high performing software applications. We are super serious about application performance, complex and engaging UI and integrated experience across multiple applications. You'll work closely with the engineers on your team as well Product, Design, QA and other partner teams to deliver well-engineered experiences that delight our customers.
The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution. You will own release schedules in our fast-paced environment, and work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and field testers to get high-quality products and new features built, tested, and released on time. You will coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts and still get them to come together as a product. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for all questions about release schedules, quality and progress updates.
• Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with product managers, engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
• Develop a plan and schedule with well-defined milestones.
• Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team; escalate issues as necessary.
• Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
• Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience with developing and implementing applications
• Four or more years of experience with major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
• Hands on experience developing in either of these technologies - native IOS, Android , web applications or APIs
• Three or more years of experience leading teams
• Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices
• Strong analytical skills and ability to review code.
• Proven experience in both small and medium size teams
• Proven ability to architect software applications and adopt and improve existing architecture
• Strong collaboration skills with peers
• Good development background
• Strong object oriented programming and design skills
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal
• Good proven track record of development sustainable governance processes
• Experience leading in agile development teams
• Web API and REST architecture
• Experience with Git, Scrum, Kanban
• Agile development experience
• Strong estimation and resource planning skills is a strong plus
• Coordinate multiple streams of work and plan releases is a strong plus
• Ability to interact with Business line leaders and develop consensus and obtain buy in is a strong plus
• Banking experience is a strong plus
• Experience with HTML/JS / ReactNative is a strong plus
• Experience managing a front end development team is a plus
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200011212
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.