U.S. Bank Senior Software Engineer (Android) - Minneapolis, MN OR Irving, TX in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspire, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Engineer (Android) responsible for our retail mobile banking application with software engineering expertise in architecture, design, development, testing and operations support of mission critical customer facing digital applications. The lead software engineer will contribute toward the success of technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for doing analysis, architecture, detailed design, programming along with corresponding automated tests, as well as guiding a team of developers to design and develop quality product. The candidate takes responsibility in the software artifacts delivered for the quality assurance and ensures minimal impact to customer experience. The candidate will be adept with agile software development lifecycle using scrum methodology and DevSecOps culture. Customer experience and data security are core of all development work.
• Proficient with various architecture patterns and able to apply to the software components as applicable.
• Consistently creates the optimal design adhering to approved architecture patterns; leads other engineers to design and develop quality product.
• Empowered to make sound architecture/design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
• Consistently writes production-ready and testable code taking full stack ownership including automation test scripts.
• Take feedback from code review of responsible modules and apply changes to meet standards. Conduct code reviews of others to ensure governance.
• Exhibit quality and metrics centric attitude to ensure application meets business needs towards digital adaption.
• Understands that security is paramount and ensures best security hygiene in everyday activities including development standards, security scans such as Fortify, Blackduck etc. on proactive basis.
• Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
• Embrace and advocate the Attitude of “Customers First” in all phases of SDLC.
• Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to the best practices in support of bank’s technology transformation.
• Evangelize the culture of innovation and adoption of cloud native open source technologies.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Five to Six years of relevant experience
Strongly Preferred/Skills Experience
• 7 years of experience developing and implementing Android native applications for mobile phones, and tablets
• Experience leading a team
• Experience in code governance and quality metrics
• Strong experience in designing and developing native Android frameworks
• Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
• Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
• Thorough understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose
• Ability to analyze the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain within an analysis
• Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
• Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of Front End / UI Design Methodologies
• Familiarity with version control systems and build tools
• Familiarity using Opensource software/tools
• Understanding of Microservices using Spring boot
• Awareness of Cloud technologies
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker
• Experience developing websites or native mobile applications that meet WCAG guidelines, standards and success criteria, preferred.
• Knowledge of Assistive Technologies and their application, a plus.
• Familiarity with RESTful API’s
• Automated Unit test scripts using Junit
• Understanding of NoSQL DB (MongoDB / Cassandra etc.)
• Awareness of AEM tools
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200012664
Other Locations: Texas-TX-Irving
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.