U.S. Bank Senior Full Stack Engineer / DevOps - Minneapolis, MN in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspire, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – Dev Ops responsible for our Digital Banking Platform (mobile and online banking) with software engineering expertise in design, development, testing and operations support of mission critical customer facing digital applications. The software engineer will contribute toward the success of technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for doing analysis, detailed design, programming along with corresponding automated tests. The candidate demonstrates ability to work independently with occasional help and minimal supervision from senior members of the team and engineering managers. The candidate takes responsibility in the software artifacts delivered for the quality assurance and ensures minimal impact to customer experience. The candidate will be adept with agile software development lifecycle using scrum methodology and DevSecOps culture. Customer experience and data security are core of all development work.
• Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating and maintaining products, sometimes under the guidance of principal engineers.
• Consistently creates the optimal design adhering to approved architecture patterns.
• Empowered to make sound architecture/design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
• Consistently writes production-ready and testable code (following BDD/TDD) taking full stack ownership including automation test scripts.
• Take feedback from code review of responsible modules and apply changes to meet standards. Conduct code reviews of others to ensure governance.
• Exhibit quality and metrics centric attitude to ensure application meets business needs towards digital adaption.
• Understands that security is paramount and ensures best security hygiene in everyday activities including development standards, security scans such as Fortify, Blackduck etc. on proactive basis.
• Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
• Embrace and advocate the Attitude of “Customers First” in all phases of SDLC.
• Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to the best practices in support of bank’s technology transformation.
• Evangelize the culture of innovation and adoption of cloud native open source technologies.
• Implement key processes in support of automated build/deploy/test
• Recommend solutions to improve efficiency, with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards
• Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
• Create and recommend improvements to build/deployment processes based on assessment of team needs/goals
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Three to five years of relevant experience
Strongly Preferred Skills/Experience
• Proficiency at building CICD pipelines using enterprise orchestration tools such as Jenkins
• Familiarity with full pipeline integration with tools such as Sonar, Fortify, Blackduck, etc.
• Ability to provide Creative solutions at reducing the end to end deployment times with full automation
• Understands core CI/CD architecture and methods, including use of containers
• Experience with common SCM/CMS tools
• Knowledge of cloud deployment strategies
• Experience with DevOps dashboard reporting
• Programming experience using Java/J2EE technologies
• Familiarity with RESTful API’s
• Agile methodology using Scrum
• Automated Unit test scripts using Junit
• Awareness of Spring Boot microservices and ability to integrate with them from FE
• Understanding of NoSQL DB (MongoDB / Cassandra etc.)
• Awareness of AEM tools
• Experience developing websites or native mobile applications that meet WCAG guidelines, standards and success criteria, preferred.
• Knowledge of Assistive Technologies and their application, a plus.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200012671
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.