U.S. Bank Junior Scrum Master - Risk Management & Compliance Risk Studio - Minneapolis, MN in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
The person in this position acts as a leader or co-leader as part of an Agile team to deliver high value solutions that contribute to the success of risk initiatives that in turn assist business lines in achieving their objectives in an agile environment.
Additionally, the position provides guidance for various teams through the following areas while adhering to Agile principles and practices.
• Arranges, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use.
• Management of “backlogs” (i.e., project tasks)
• Assisting in the estimation of project scope
• Facilitating/Planning Sprints, daily stand-up meetings, and lessons learned meetings
• Drives quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
• Facilitates team transparency by escalating impediments and shares progress by the team to the appropriate channels.
• Actively engages in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work.
• Assists in planning and coordinating testing environment deployments and application/system integration testing.
• Guides team in self-organization; encourages and motivates team to focus on iterative goals.
About the Risk Studio
The Risk Studio is a physical space, a community, a collection of agile resources, and a new way of working that will facilitate RM&C work on a variety of risk initiatives using the Agile methodology, often in collaboration with business partners through rapid, cross-functional, and iterative development.
The Studio team works to identify opportunities for creating efficiencies, prioritizing initiatives, setting outcome-based objectives and innovating, with the goal of enhancing regulatory compliance and our contributions to the company strategy by applying and adopting the tenets of Agile. Journey teams in the Risk Studio will commit to working in a collaborative fashion and on a full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
One or more years of experience in a Scrum environment, preferably in SAFe, Kanban or financial services industry (or three years' other related experience)
Basic knowledge of Agile principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
Experience successfully delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
Considerable knowledge of the risk management processes as well as business line operations, products/services and systems
Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or willingness to obtain certification is a plus
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190031965
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.