U.S. Bank Digital Customer Experience Engineering Leader in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
U.S. Bank is seeking a Digital Customer Experience Engineering Leader with expert architecture, strategy, and development lead experience to contribute to the success of our technology initiatives.
This Digital Customer Experience Engineering Leader will be responsible for a customer-facing product group. In this position you will be responsible for delivering enhancements and leading a strategy to deliver amazing experiences.
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing high performing mobile and responsive-web applications on iOS, Android, Responsive Web, and Voice-ready technology like React JS, Swift, Kotlin, AEM, etc. Application performance, simple UI, and integrated experience cross-channels is paramount. You'll directly manage engineering managers on your team and must closely partner with Product, Design, peers across business units, and executive leadership to deliver well-engineered experiences that delights our customers.
Your direct team is a combination of architects, engineering managers, and engineering teams of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution. You will own release schedules in our fast-paced environment. On time release is crucial. You will coordinate multiple fast-changing, moving pieces and bring them together as a group of products. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for all questions about release schedules, quality and progress updates. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Product Managers and Experience Leaders.
• Lead a cross-functional team of technology experts to deliver amazing consumer-facing digital experiences expanding products centered around four humans.
• Responsible for architecting and implementing high performing mobile and responsive-web applications on iOS, Android, Responsive Web, and Voice-ready technology like ReactJS, Swift, Kotlin, AEM, etc.
• Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with product managers, engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
• Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
• Partner and own product roadmap, program increment, estimating and planning using Agile Methodology and SAFe
• Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
• Work with end to end transformational CapEx and Opex engagements in collaboration with business lines, subject matter experts, architects, and system analysts.
• Lead and supervise delivery team on a day-to day basis, providing support in maintaining delivery commitments, project parameters, ensuring project deliverables, milestones, resource allocation and costs.
• Remove technical obstacles, enhance team processes, and continuously improve.
• Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to our best practices.
• Stimulate overall architecture, security, design plus certifications of software products.
• Proactively interact with business lines to ensure project requirements, scope of proposals, identify challenges and assess risks. Work with PMO to ensure TOS SVPs and EVPs are kept updated on project status etc.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related field
12 or more years of banking or IT experience
Five or more years of management experience
• 15 years of technology experience.
• 10 years of management experience.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Architect, strategist, and developer with deep and broad knowledge of information systems technology, especially digital consumer-facing software products.
• Strong executive presence, including ability to partner with and effectively influence business line leaders, technology managers etc.
• Exceptional leadership abilities and strategic management skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with C-suite executives.
• Exceptional analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills.
• 10 years of experience with ownership and execution of client-facing projects in a technology services organization
• Experience with DevOps, SCRUM / AGILE methodologies
• Must be able to perform all duties of the job including research, design, software implementation, team management, and systems deployment without assistance.
• Must be able to understand the big picture and details of applications.
• Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams. They must have a commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
• Hands on experience developing native iOS, Android, and Responsive applications including ReactJS, Swift, Kotlin, AEM, HTML, .Net, etc.
• Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices for mobile use.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to review code.
• Proven experience in both large and medium size teams.
• Proven ability to architect mobile application and adopt and improve architecture
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal
• Proven track record of development sustainable governance processes
• Experienced leader of agile development teams
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190033184
Other Locations: New York-NY-New York, Georgia-GA-Atlanta, Texas-TX-Irving, CA-CA-San Francisco
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.