U.S. Bank Community Affairs Manager-CRA - Minneapolis, MN in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Community Affairs Manager (CAM), who will be responsible for effectively positioning U.S. Bank as a leader in the community and works closely with market leadership to achieve market/region Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals. The CAM sets the direction for the local market Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), performance, community investments, and civic sponsorships, as well as builds strategic relationships with organizations that align to the CSR strategy to drive community, employee, and business impact. Additional responsibilities include:
· Builds and sustains local market strategic plan(s), including relationships and partnerships with community, civic, and nonprofit organizations to support company objectives and help meet community needs;
· Actively represents U.S. Bank in community and economic development initiatives by developing and maintaining strategic alliances with local advocacy organizations (where community agreements exist, serves as primary contact between bank and local organizations);
· Guides local CRA performance and assists in the formation of action plans for Lending, Investment and Service CRA gaps;
· Partners closely with CRA Program Team to regularly review CRA performance-to-goal reports and, as needed, contributes to the development of effective action plans and assists with collection of information for the CRA exam and performances context, as well as provides local insights on branch closure analysis;
· Partners with the Twin Cities Grant & Engagement CAM:
Directs local Foundation grant strategy, reviews and analyzes grant applications in accordance with local market strategy, and shares impact reports for funded initiatives at regular, scheduled local market leader meetings;
Directs local employee engagement strategy, including placement of leadership on local boards and signature volunteer activities;
Sets direction for local market community sponsorships and signature civic programs to drive community impact; and
Supports strategy of local Employee Giving Campaign.
· Coordinates local relief/recovery response efforts in the wake of a community crisis or natural disaster;
· Partners with Communications, Government Affairs, and Marketing to communicate impact of community partnerships, both to internal and external audiences; and
· Facilitates the development of the impact assessment and community communication related to branch openings and closings in LMI areas.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Six or more years of experience in CRA community and economic development activities
Thorough knowledge of the CRA
Strong knowledge of current legislation and/or legal issues that may impact CRA
Thorough knowledge of the organization's products and services
Well-developed ability to communicate regulatory and technical information
Strong strategic planning and negotiation skills
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.