U.S. Bank CBB Risk Management Quality Assurance Services – Senior QA Professional - Minneapolis, MN in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Job DescriptionThe CBB Risk Management Quality Assurance Services (QAS) – Senior Professional (operational focus not software testing) will lead projects and quality assurance activities within Consumer and Business Banking that ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, and other applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as assigned.
Position requires retail lending knowledge with an emphasis on Default Operations to lead the teams within area of responsibility and previous experience managing assurance/testing professionals and projects.
Experience should include at least two years of demonstrated experience successfully supervising teams that create and perform quality assurance review activities within Consumer and Business Banking including:
Transaction and process testing to confirm adherence to industry best practice, regulatory guidance, policies, procedures, and sound risk management practices;
Testing of internal controls to provide assurance that the suite of controls are designed adequately and operating effectively to mitigate the identified risks.
Experience should also demonstrate competencies in supervising, coaching and training staff, inclusive of the review and approval of quality assurance test scripts to be performed by Quality Analysts;
detailed review of completed testing and test results including workpaper review for accuracy; summarizing results into concise statements of risk for senior management review; summarizing clear recommendations for resolution of identified gaps, inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors, etc.
The Senior QA Professional will also write final drafted results reports; respond and/or escalate risks as appropriate to senior management and will serve as a functional liaison between the Business Lines and Corporate.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads, owns and manages facilitation of the performance of process test preparation, inquiries, walkthroughs and procedure review to develop/design QA Programs/Test Scripts. Ensure the test scope and methodology are effective to achieve test’s objective and are inclusive of all products, processes and business area applicable to the law, guideline or policy being tested.
- Lead performance of QA tests, analyze evidence of transaction handling or control performance against defined requirements
- Lead, support or perform process inquiries, walkthroughs and procedure review to develop/design QA Program test scripts
- Validate populations of desired activity for accuracy and completeness. Selects test samples based on Operational Risk Management and QAS guidelines and internal program defined methodology (documenting rationale for adequate coverage)
- Ensure follow-up to verify resolution of previously identified issues
- Lead test result discussions with business management and risk partners related to identified findings/issues, criteria used to define expected results, root cause assessment, exposure assessment, and actions needed/recommended
- Manage test work paper reviews to ensure adherence to the CBB Risk Management QAS procedures and Business Line Quality Assurance standards; verify testing was completed thoroughly and accurately; and to ensure all findings and conclusions are well supported and properly documented.
- Draft report for Senior QAS Management review and distribution to business partners
- Prepare QA test work papers and readies for QAS Senior Management review
- Maintain awareness of Bank, regulatory, and industry changes and trends
- Provide coaching and training to QA Analysts in order to develop a team of well-rounded risk professionals
- Other deliverables as assigned by management
Position and team are located in Minneapolis, MN
-Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience -Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
-Experience in Internal Audit, Public Accounting, Operational Risk Assessment/Management -Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment (quality control, quality assurance, compliance testing or audit roles for financial services company) -Bachelor's degree -Proven staff management experience including the review of quality, accuracy and timeliness of project work and its related documentation -Considerable knowledge of consumer lending guidelines, applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends -Comprehensive understanding of consumer lending product/services, Consumer and Business Banking operations, systems, and associated risks/controls -Ability to identify and clearly communicate issues, cause, exposure and recommendations -Advanced level of presentation (verbal/written) and relationship building skills -Thorough knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies -Proven experience leading a team to achieve goals -Self-motivated, able to work in a group as well as independently -Strong critical thinking and analytical skills -Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously -Proven adaptability to changing priorities -Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs -Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations -Has or is willing to pursue applicable professional certifications (e.g., C.I.A., C.B.A., C.F.A., C.F.S.A., C.P.A, M.B.A., and/or J.D.) -Demonstrates strong technical knowledge, including but not limited to, mainframe collection systems; TeamMate
Benefits: Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
E-Verify U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.