U.S. Bank Android Architect - Multiple Locations / Telecommute in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
We are looking for people who are passionate about building the foundation components that underpin great Android applications. The Senior Android Architect works closely with mobile product teams to enable mobile engineers to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. The Senior Android Architect demonstrates skill in aligning application decisions to an overarching solution and systems architecture and exhibits rigor in app development, code quality, and engineering best practices. This individual possesses a thorough understanding of common Android and iOS architecture paradigms and is knowledgeable about best practices for networking, concurrency, and threading. Experience in app-side data caching design and offline support. Passion for creating testable architecture is a must.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant mobile API design experience and development experience in Java and Kotlin to stay up-to-date with the latest Android technologies. The Senior Android Architect acts as an engineering advocate by improving technical communications with engineers and is understanding of their problems and needs.
• Works closely with the mobile engineering managers and app teams to create architecture solutions; guide the team towards delivering the product based on project requirements and industry best practices.
• Define the technical requirements for the implementation of the android mobile solution
• Creates testable architecture to enable developers to improve and update code to increase quality app-wide
• Collaborates with the architecture group and other teams to improve existing APIs and design new APIs and systems that are scalable, reliable, and performance for mobile apps
• Collaborates with the app teams on automated testing strategy, including continuous integration and delivery
• Provides mentorship for software engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new software engineers.
• Enforce sound development practices through governance and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions; devise metrics for platform health and report key metrics
• Works effectively with multiple projects and departments.
• And most importantly - Takes ownership of the solution from end to end
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 6-8 plus years of relevant experience
Strongly Preferred Skills / Experience
• Hands on Android programming
• Knows security architecture, client-server API, Android technological challenges
• Understanding of requirements and ability to help product make the right decisions
• Experience preparing technical solution and architecture documents for the Android mobile application
• Understanding of various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
• Thorough understanding of Android SDK performance tools & techniques for profiling and optimization
• Experience in designing and developing reusable components for use across multiple enterprise applications
• Experience in driving innovation in the Android platform in terms of features and functions
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be good at presenting ideas to executives
• Master’s Degree
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in developing Android applications using Java/Kotlin
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role including architecting end-end mobile applications.
• Discussing technical aspects of the mobile application solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and devices selected with various stakeholders
• Experience in code governance, quality metrics, ability to design and develop frameworks, create and optimize devops pipelines, are a strong plus
• Experience delivering mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
• Experience developing and document detailed architectures for mobile solutions for Android ecosystem
• Enforcing sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions
• Experience leading and mentoring development teams
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.