U.S. Bank 2021 Graduate Summer Internship Program Risk Management & Compliance – Corporate Compliance (Minneapolis, MN) in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
2021 Graduate Summer Internship Program
Risk Management & Compliance – Corporate Compliance (Minneapolis, MN)
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We’re committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. We’re proud to be recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2020 World's Most Ethical Company® for six years running and included on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
What you will gain as an intern
Our 10-week paid internship experience is dynamic and tailored to your interests. We think you should spend time doing something you love at a place you’re proud to work – not just earning a paycheck.
As an intern, you’ll:
- get hands-on experience solving business needs
- support communities where we live and work
interact with senior executives
get paired with a formal mentor
attend social and professional development events
work on a diverse team
develop business acumen
· Identify efficiencies in risk framework including risk identification, management, resolution, and timing.
· Ensure governance and oversight functions have visibility to risks, issues, and mitigation activities.
· Conduct enterprise-wide risk assessments.
· Develop and present report-outs to senior level leadership.
· Evaluate key security controls related to threat environment.
· May conduct investigatory interviews.
· Pursuing a master’s level degree
· Pursuing a Juris Doctor or master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Security, Business Analytics or similar field.
· Knowledge of bank product and service offerings or ability to gain it.
· Experience with formal project management methodology preferred.
· Experience developing professional presentations utilizing data visualization techniques.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The internship position for which you’re applying may be placed under U.S. Bank’s subsidiary, Elavon. Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest bank in the United States, and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. As the leading provider for airlines and a top five provider in hospitality, healthcare, retail and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200015423
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.