U.S. Bank Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) multiple locations in Irving, Texas
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business.
• Create scalable, automated solutions/products/platform for our customer base
• Develop a new and innovative data platform from the ground up, staying true to our company's core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix.
• Document engineering artifacts such as flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Collaborate with other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to six years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology, Master’s preferred
• 10+ years of overall experience in software development or programming
• Experience in Java and object-oriented design skills
• Experience building microservices based application Experience dealing with NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
• Experience in Utilizing tools such as Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, ELK, Jenkins and frameworks such as Spring Boot to develop and deploy microservices
• Experience using CICD processes for application software integration and deployment using Maven, Git, Jenkins.
• Experience building scalable and resilient applications in private or public cloud environments and cloud technologies
• Experience with server-side languages such as Python, Java, GoLang
• Experience with database technology such as relational database and NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
• Knowledge front end, back end services, or full stack engineering
• Demonstrated ability to tackle tough coding challenges independently and work closely with others on a highly productive coding team
• Continuously develop and acquire new technical skills
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work with multiple teams, and strong work ethic
• Proficiency in working with Kafka
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.