U.S. Bank Senior Software Engineer (Android) in Irving, Texas
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S Bank is seeking a Sr . Software Engineer (Android) who will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences for our retail banking mobile application. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the Agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
• Will be designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining applications.
• Takes full stack ownership by writing production-ready and testable code.
• Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
• Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
• Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
• Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
• Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
• Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank’s technology transformation.
• Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
• Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
• Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience
• 5-6 years of relevant experience
Experience Should Include
•5+ years of experience developing and implementing Android native applications for mobile phones, and tablets
• Experience leading a team
• Experience in code governance and quality metrics
• 5+ years experience in designing and developing native Android frameworks
• 5+ years experience programming in J ava/Kotlin
• Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
• Experience with Dagger, RX Java and MVVM architecture patterns
• Thorough understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose.
• Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support.
• Considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
• Adept with Agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $101,150.00 - $119,000.00 - $130,900.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.