U.S. Bank Senior Software Engineer (React) - Multiple locations or Telecommute in Houston, Texas
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
We are looking for a Lead React Developer for responsive design experience who is proficient with React.js. The Lead React Developer will execute true end-to-end development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
• Developing new user-facing features using React.js
• Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of mobile devices and browsers
• Guide the technical design and development of highly complex, cross-functional, multi-platform, application systems
• Define and document the designs for applications and enhancements
• Oversee the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution
• Develop high level program specifications
• Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
· At least 5 years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
Highly proficient in front end engineering concepts.
Familiar with progressive automation and BDD testing strategies. Familiar with tools like Cucumber and Gherkin.
· Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or Content Management System (CMS) experience is a plus
· Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
· Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with code versioning tools (GIT,TFS)
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.