U.S. Bank Financial Reporting Associate - Hackensack, NJ in Hackensack, New Jersey
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Job DescriptionWill work as part of a team responsible for providing financial statements and accompanying footnotes for hedge funds, private equity funds and closed-end register products. Will prepare and analyze financial reporting workbooks on a quarterly basis for client throughout the year, with the addition of audited financial statements at year-end. Prepare, review, and ensure financial statements are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment. Perform accounting research and analyze new accounting pronouncements as related to alternative investment companies. Participate in ad-hoc financial reporting projects as required. Analyze operational structure and quarterly/yearly activities of funds with different investment strategies and products. Help to create automated financial reporting solutions using advanced Excel skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-4 or more years of experience with financial statements preparation
- experience in the alternative investments industry preferred
- General knowledge of financial statements for investment companies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); exposure and understanding of fund disclosures such as ASU 820, 815, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel and word) applications
- Ability to identify and resolve/escalate complex problems with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team-oriented, organizational and problem-solving skills
- CPA or CFA certification preferred
Benefits: Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
E-Verify U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.