U.S. Bank Enterprise Cloud Risk Manager in Denver, Colorado
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Enterprise Cloud Risk Manager with cloud design and architecture experience to contribute toward the success of our strategic initiatives. A key focus in the Bank’s modernization efforts will be to improve agility and delivery effectiveness. This will be accomplished by building a scalable and reliable platform and public cloud offering. The new platform is leveraging APIs, Microservices, DevOps, and containers to migrate towards a cloud-native architecture to support higher performance, availability, reliability, and security.
The role will partner with Cloud Platform Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, Pipeline, and Information Security functions to ensure that the risk associated with the proposed business and technical solutions align with the enterprise’s overall mission, vision, and risk posture.
The Enterprise Cloud Risk Manager will be responsible for identifying and advising on risk mitigating strategies related to applications’ architecture and blueprints on which functional and non-functional requirements can be met. The Cloud Risk Manager will act a thought leader for the creation of integration architecture patterns, guardrails, guidelines, and standards to support cloud requirements.
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
· Typically has 10 or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
· At least one of the following certifications – CISSP, CCSP, CRISC, CCSK, CISA, CISM
· Risk management of public cloud-based systems
· Additional cloud service provider certifications are beneficial – Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP
· Extensive experience in Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Architecture, and in-depth knowledge of inherent risks in Cloud Technologies in Private Cloud
· Extensive experience implementing NIST Cyber Security Framework, COBIT 2019, CSA Cloud Control Matrix, PCI DSS etc.
· Experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Container based applications, Cloud Native application development, Cloud Security, Data Protection and Microservice Architecture
· Experience with Microsoft Azure and or AWS
· Experience in system development lifecycle and Product-based agile development.
· Experience in distributed platforms, Open API strategies, information security management, cloud migration strategies.
· Experience collaborating with technology functions to develop risk mitigating processes.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Engaging approach, with a hands-on style to solving business issues through risk management frameworks and technology best practices
· Practical and thoughtful understanding of architectural & development principles and technique
· Proven ability to work effectively in the typical ambiguity of larger designs and implementation plans
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/prod/UBNAGLOBAL/documents/Thewaywework-1666895142717.pdf) drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $125,715.00 - $147,900.00 - $162,690.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.