U.S. Bank Head of UX Design, Open Banking in Dallas, Texas
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
We are looking for a visionary leader to design the future of U.S. Bank. This product design executive work will across our open banking products and lead large teams to grow our top-notch in-house UX Design studio across several practice areas. This leader will be a part of the Chief Digital Office, Connected Finance organization as a thought partner and collaborator for determining the vision, quality, and priorities for consumers. This visible role will collaborate with cross-functional teams leading broad streams of work across Technology, Products, and Operations to provide short-and-long term initiatives to drive pathways to growth.
The work you lead at U.S. Bank will positively influence the lives of millions of consumers every day.
Create amazing products
• Drive thought leadership in design thinking & user experience design for several, simultaneous products
• Lead a talented team of user experience designers and researchers to create “best in world” customer journeys across all our connected finance
Account Service & Management
Goals and Insights
-Financial Planning & Budgeting
• Guide the UXDesign team to push the boundaries of excellence in
- Aesthetics, ease of use, intuitiveness, motion design & micro-interaction, content voice, tone & substance
• Critique, guide and evolve the work of designers — and of partner teams, too
• Present work persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation to drive the best product outcomes
Build a world-class UXDesign team
• Source, hire and develop a high-performing team with world-class skills. Motivate and engage team members to achieve peak performance and high job satisfaction.
• Lead and inspire UXDesigners across multiple practice areas:
Mentor UXDesign team members who show potential for team leadership or Principal roles
Build strong relationships to maximize UXDesign’s thought leadership
• Partner with and influence stakeholders in lines of business, Product, Technology & Dev, Agile transformation, Marketing, Analytics and other teams to strengthen relationships, persuade, and deliver amazing products
• Promote, by example, a positive culture of achievement and getting things done by being responsive and timely by finding win-win solutions, and by solving problems with divergent, expansive, design thinking methods
• Evangelize a design-centric culture within U.S. Bank; and make our team be sought out for learning, collaboration, and as a place they want to work
Continually expand UXDesign’s value to the bank
• Advocate and embody customer-obsession, inside and outside the UXDesign organization, resulting in simple, innovative, lovable digital products/experiences
• Build on and promote our atomic, digital design system to continually add and refine components, improve quality and speed, and increase adoption
• Maximize reuse of design system components and obsessively focus on “creating where it counts”
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years professional experience driving UXDesign for large-scale digital products
• Experience leading and managing creative teams
• Exceptional aesthetic judgment and demonstrated ability to recognize and promote excellent design that furthers users’ goals in an elegant, intuitive way
• Previous experience in the B2B/B2C and financial services space, including Money Movement, Card and Merchant and Consumer Banking.
• Previous experience in a highly regulated industry, with a focus on delivering both current and emerging customer needs in a compliant way.
• Previous experience and/or be a thought leader in the API design and Documentation space
• Master's degree in design or design-related field
• 5+ years of experience designing digital financial services products
• 5+ years agency or consulting design experience
• Demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker and business leader
• Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively across teams and influence decision makers
• Well-developed verbal, communication, presentation and storytelling skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $140,930.00 - $165,800.00 - $182,380.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.