U.S. Bank Sr. Software Engineer - Certification Environments-2 in Cupertino, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
About the team
As a member of the Open Banking Technology team, you will be a pioneer of new ideas, features, and products. We are looking for Senior Engineers who, along with their teammates, can build/prototype new ideas quickly, measure their effectiveness, and assess viability in the fast growing Partner engagement practice.
Your team, and you, will have the autonomy to define your roadmap, move at your own pace, and deliver innovative solutions. #LI-REMOTE
What you will do
• Take ideas from concept to fully working prototype
• Define and measure the results of those ideas and make informed product viability suggestions
• Participate in all stages of the product life cycle: product brainstorming, design, and implementation
• Ensure the successful transition of a successfully incubated idea
• Not be afraid to fail
• Bring your whole self to work
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Three to five years of relevant experience
• 6+ years hands on working experience developing highly maintainable, extensible and testable distributed systems.
• 5+ years of experience on designing low latency applications designed for scalability and reliability with high throughput.
• 5+ years of experience with open source technologies like Java, Springboot, Kafka , etc and containerization.
• 3+ years of experience developing data and API virtualization technologies, any experience developing data pipelines using modern technologies is a huge plus.
• Proven ability to implement user interfaces against REST APIs
• 3+ years of experience using Cassandra (or a similar noSQL databases)
• Comfortable working with and writing asynchronous operations
• Fit into a team that has embraced continuous delivery
• Experience using modern and functional programming styles
• Excellent code hygiene and habits
• Familiarity with source control management best practices
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.