U.S. Bank 2021 Graduate Summer Internship Program – Corporate Finance – Quant Modeling / Data Analytics (Cincinnati, OH) in CINCINNATI, Ohio
2021 GraduateSummer Internship Program
Corporate Finance – Quantitative Modeling and Analytics – Cincinnati, OH
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We’re committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. We’re proud to be recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2020 World's Most Ethical Company® for six years running and included on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
What you will gain as an intern
Our 10-week paid internship experience is dynamic and tailored to your interests. We think you should spend time doing something you love at a place you’re proud to work – not just earning a paycheck.
As an intern, you’ll:
- get hands-on experience solving business needs
- support communities where we live and work
interact with senior executives
get paired with a formal mentor
attend social and professional development events
work on a diverse team
develop business acumen
· Execute quantitative review of key variables used in modeling credit risk and calculating capital
· Complete data analysis and build statistical models through hands-on assignments and projects
· Create new reporting capabilities in SAS and python
· Review analysis and challenge assumptions and techniques
· Communicate findings and recommendations to a variety of audiences
· Pursuing a master’s level degree
· Pursuing a master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Financial Mathematics or related quantitative discipline.
· Experience coding in various languages and software packages (SAS, Python, C , Java) to explore data and perform analytical analysis on large, disparate and complex data
· Experience utilizing big data for analytics purposes (Hadoop, Datalake, Pyspark)
· Preferred experience and expertise in quantitative analysis with large data sets within the finance or banking industries
· Effective written and verbal communication skills within a business context
· Ability to think and work independently with a professional demeanor and receive dynamic on-the-job training
The internship position for which you’re applying may be placed under U.S. Bank’s subsidiary, Elavon. Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest bank in the United States, and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. As the leading provider for airlines and a top five provider in hospitality, healthcare, retail and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized
Primary Location: Ohio-OH-Cincinnati
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200015351
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.