U.S. Bank Market Risk Manager - Multiple Locations in Chicago, Illinois
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Quantitative Analyst is responsible for all aspects of market risk analytics related to US Bank’s capital markets activities.
Overall: Back up Senior Market Risk Manager on quantitative functions—e.g. troubleshoot failed data feeds, calculation errors in reports, etc. Analysis Risk results to help explain to management changes in risk levels. Identify anomalies in risk numbers and carry any corrections to the risk data. Perform risk analysis and data testing on new trading products, curves and other data inputs into US Bank’s risk platform. Present results to management. Assist in both internal audits and external regulatory activity.
Risk Management Support
Run daily production of VaR and related reports. Review and understand the output as well as the source of changes in risk levels. Point out and discuss key risk details with the Senior Market Risk Manager.
Work with operations associates to ensure proper attribution of P&L. Perform month-end price verification for trading books.
Back up Senior Market Risk Manager in monitoring intraday risk for the trading books.
Support model validations, respond to and implement recommendations. Implement Model Monitoring program for VaR models.
Build quantitative tools as needed to provide effective analysis of the market risk.
Data Integrity :
Review market data that feeds the VaR/risk models.
Ensure accurate trade capture.
Internal Reporting :
Help prepare and compile the monthly Risk reports and decks.
Assist in the preparation of audit documentation.
Update Market Risk procedures documentation and Model Documentation; where required.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- BS in Math, Finance or Quantitative Finance
- 5 years financial industry experience
- Capacity to understand valuation of instruments traded in Capital Markets
- P rogramming experience, knowledge of Excel VBA, MS SQL or Java
- Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Considerable understanding of the business line's operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Considerable knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
- Applicable professional certifications preferred
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.