U.S. Bank Small Business Underwriting Manager 5 - Brookfield, WI in BROOKFIELD, Wisconsin
Manages and coordinates the activities for assigned Small Business Banking Underwriting department. Ensures quality service and effective support for all of the assigned internal and external customers. Accomplishes results through the effective management of staff that may range from lower level non-exempt through exempt level professionals. Administers corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Conducts underwriting review process in a manner designed to minimize the bank’s risk while employing problem resolution techniques in approving loans. Provides support and training for all staff, including underwriting guidelines for underwriting staff.
U.S. Bank’s Business Banking Lending Center works every day to serve small business customers. We provide products and services to help small businesses no matter what stage of the business lifecycle they're in.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the direct supervision of 5 Credit Analysts and will be responsible for the following functions:
· Timely review of credit decisions in compliance with Reg. B deadlines, loan maturities and annual review deadlines.
· Assisting team in conducting credit analyses: including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers.
· Reviews recommendations made by staff to ensure accuracy of analysis and appropriateness of overall decision.
· Providing final loan approval within assigned level of lending authority
· Responsibility for appropriate and timely communication with Business Bankers and/or Credit Risk Management to discuss/negotiate structure and obtain additional information as needed
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on adherence to deadlines
· Hiring appropriate talent as well as coaching and development of staff members
· The ideal candidate will have Small Business or Commercial Underwriting/Credit Analysis experience, good verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Eight to ten years of related underwriting experience
Three or more years of supervisory experience
Extensive knowledge of underwriting functions, systems, policies and procedures for the assigned area(s)
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of lending and underwriting practices
Thorough knowledge of applicable credit products, programs, financial analysis and related documentation as applicable
Strong organizational, managerial and project management skills
Well-developed customer relations skills
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Excellent supervisory and management skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Well-developed knowledge of banking operations and human resources
Job: Credit Underwriting
Primary Location: Wisconsin-WI-Brookfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200015432
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.