U.S. Bank Android Principal Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a product-aware and design-oriented Principal Android Software Engineer (NATIVE) within talech, to re-imagine and flesh out our mobile experiences across various Android devices. talech is focused on building the next generation software for small business through simple, intuitive interfaces and powerful analytics. You'll be an early member of small close-knit team that is leading a mission to help merchants run their business better. responsible for the development and application of the next generation of software.
• Designs and develops mobile applications across all Android devices
• Collaborates closely with our product, design, and server engineers
• Utilize your experience and judgement to make the system scalable and
• Defines and documents the designs for applications and enhancements
• Creates, reviews, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple
• Identifies opportunities to improve testing process
• Assists with design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of
• Develops high level program specifications. Ensures that expected application
performance levels are achieved
• Assists technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly
complex technical problems. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels,
standards, and configurations
• Analyzes, defines, and documents design for data, workflow, logical
processes, and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems,
internal and external
• Supervises monitoring of existing application systems operating efficiency.
Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions
• Demonstrates deep understanding of the business needs driving projects.
May be key point of contact for business line
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Five to six years of relevant Android development experience
Required Skills / Experience
• Fluency with Java and Kotlin development
• Knowledge of cutting-edge Android technologies
• Strong understanding of mobile development fundamentals
• Strong opinion about design and a desire for building beautiful user
• A constant drive to make things simpler and faster
• Strong communication skills and empathy for our customers, who rely on us
to run their business. All our team members regularly speak with our
• Comfort and delight in a small, intense, high-growth startup environment
• 7-10 years of overall professional experience with 5+ years of experience in
• Hands on experience working with Android SDK, Android Studio, APIs,
• Additional experience with iOS development is helpful, but not required
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.