U.S. Bank Senior Application Systems Administrator in Trenton, New Jersey
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a talented senior level Application Systems Administrator that combines a unique role of a systems administrator but also, a strong technical understanding of DevOps practices, systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web applications/services and legacy systems. This person will be responsible for understanding and assessing the impact of business changes and needs; building, configuring and implementation of applications; and monitoring the build of the solution to ensure it meets the requirements. You will interact with product owners, key business stakeholders, vendors, and internal integration and development teams to ensure proposed processes and systems meet desired needs.
About the team:
You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. You will be called to apply your talents and creative energy as we invest our hearts and minds to power human potential. The Enterprise Content Services group provides enterprise applications and services for imaging, storing, retrieving, and managing content/documents—making up a critical technology competency across the entire bank.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Configures, tunes, maintains, and installs application systems and/or user group profiles. Schedules installations and upgrades. Validates system functionality after changes.
• Installs new software releases and application system upgrades. Evaluates and installs patches. Evaluates new vendor supplied products.
• Understands system architecture and provides guidance to development teams and business lines on how to use the system.
• Partner and work with other business divisions, technology and application development teams to design or select solutions that appropriately meet the business needs.
• Monitors and fine-tunes the application system to achieve optimum performance levels. Works with internal infrastructure teams and vendors to provide recommendations for hardware and system software upgrades.
• Address issues and questions related to intended functionality of the system, as well as support the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the new system.
• Available to perform on call duties. Often the first point of contact for user support and problem solving.
• Works with application developers, vendors, and internal infrastructure team members to troubleshoot application system problems.
• Support testing activities, including functional and performance testing for proper functionality coverage.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Six or more years of experience in application development
• 5 years of application systems administrator experience.
• Strong analytical and technical skills required with in depth knowledge of systems development life cycle and thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Knowledge and working experience with Agile delivery methodologies.
• Encapture and IBM FileNet working knowledge.
• Knowledge of ALM and defect tracking tools.
• Advanced Microsoft Office, Visio and Project skills.
Extensive knowledge of IT environment
Working knowledge of IT service, change and problem management
Extensive knowledge of IT systems management
Extensive knowledge of system software infrastructure, distribution and installation/support
Working knowledge of application delivery including release management
Working knowledge of computer operations
Working knowledge of hardware infrastructure
Strong problem-solving skills with accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers, customers and management
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180041100
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.