U.S. Bank Global Documentary Services Risk and Control Specialist in SEATTLE, Washington
The Global Documentary Services (GDS) is responsible for processing products and services offered by US Bank to assist clients involved in international trade and commerce. This includes Import and Export Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections and Bankers Acceptances. The business line is also responsible for ensuring that processes and services are consistent with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ensure assigned locations, business units, or proposed products and processes are in compliance with various laws and regulations. Develop and enforce compliance policies and procedures. Act as a primary compliance consultant/resource for GDS with respect to questions, consulting, and training.
• Participate in, and ensure compliance in the design and development of policies, procedures, processes and training programs.
• Conduct quality assurance testing related to operational processing, in order to ensure regulatory compliance and identify opportunities to enhance performance.
• Determine how new and pending laws/regulations impact the affected business line and works to ensure appropriate compliance.
• Perform periodic reviews to assess level of regulatory compliance and support audits, exams and reviews being conducted in GDS. Engage in the resolution of issues through monitoring milestone progress and sustainability testing, including regulatory, audit, Compliance Quality Assurance and Business Line Self ID.
• Collects and organizes data in order to track, monitor and report on the effectiveness of key controls. Foster a culture of risk management through sharing of risk/compliance knowledge.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to eight years of experience in regulatory compliance activities
Three to five years of banking operations experience, preferably in trade finance
Advanced knowledge of government and regulatory laws and regulations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
Strong presentation skills, comfortable in raising an opposing perspective
Skilled in interacting with various business partners and levels of management
Strong PC skills to include MS Office products
Highly organized, detailed oriented and able to prioritize work
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: Washington-WA-Seattle
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170009534
Other Locations: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis, CA-CA-Los Angeles, Oregon-OR-Portland, Wisconsin-WI-Milwaukee, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis