U.S. Bank Wealth Management Market Leader - San Francisco in SAN FRANCISCO, California
This management position reports to a Wealth Management Regional President and has overall responsibility for the strategic local market business plan for Personal Trust, Private Banking, and Private Asset Management.
1. Leads the business development efforts for market with emphasis on managing the dedicated relationship managers' cross-selling and prospecting.
2. Responsible for market P&L and overall talent management (hiring, performance reviews, compensation decisions).
3. Responsible for integrating a consistent Wealth Management service model across the footprint.
4. Actively ensure compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follow account opening procedures and understand and follow internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively work with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
1. 12 years of banking experience
2. 7 years of management experience
3. BA/MBA in finance, accounting, or other related field
4. Strong leadership abilities and strategic management skills
5. Knowledge of unit(s) and relation to industry
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. Well-developed analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
8. Considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills.
1. Decisions are made in conjunction with major corporation programs, plans or strategies. Independent action is normally required although other division or senior managers are usually consulted before final action is taken.
2. Probable errors would have significant effect on major functions of the corporation.
Primary Location: CA-CA-San Francisco
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180012326
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.