U.S. Bank AML Policy Governance Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
At U.S. Bank , we are passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is the parent company of U.S. Bank (www.usbank.com), the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. We are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions.
The company operates banking offices and ATMs in 25 states and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Bank is currently seeking an AML Policy Governance Analyst , who will report to the AML Policy Governance Manager (the Manager) of the Payment Services Risk and Compliance group. The Payments Services Business Line (Payments) has a global footprint and is primarily focused on all phases of card programs for consumer, businesses and institutions.
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager with overseeing compliance with new or updated Enterprise AML requirements and policies; ensuring the Payments businesses understand the changes and assisting with the implementation of corresponding changes in their AML programs. This position will also facilitate and participate in analyses of AML related reviews (i.e., gap analyses, risk assessments), and serve as a liaison with the Payments businesses and Enterprise Financial Crimes Compliance (EFCC) on regulatory and policy matters. Effectiveness will be measured based on successful and timely implementation of enterprise requirements in the businesses, continuous progress on projects related to implementing enterprise requirements, and delivering excellent support to the Payments businesses and our EFCC partners.
The position will primarily work with internal Payments team members ( CRO, RPS, CPS, & Elavon ), as well as other internal U.S. Bank departments (i.e. EFCC, Risk, Audit ) to effectively coordinate, implement, execute, and monitor the AML program initiatives and expectations.
• Promote a strong culture of understanding and compliance with all AML related Bank policies, regulations and laws.
• Coordinate the implementation of AML/BSA/OFAC related Enterprise requirements with each Payments business, to ensure compliance in the time frame required.
o Coordinate and facilitate work sessions with the Payments businesses and EFCC to ensure work efforts are sufficient to meet project timelines, escalating concerns when appropriate.
o Assist the Payments businesses by interpreting Enterprise policies into practical actions that clarify responsibilities and accountability.
o Update the Payments businesses on Enterprise or Regulatory changes.
• Facilitate and track communication between Payments and EFCC, including coordinating the aggregation of Payments feedback to changes presented by the EFCC.
• Facilitate and track the timely completion of enterprise assessments and reviews.
• Assist with maintaining a current record of the status of AML related initiatives, to support reporting and the production of meeting materials
• Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in compliance/regulatory reporting and/or project management; prefer BSA/AML or Sanctions Screening (OFAC) disciplines, ideally in financial services
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of management and communicate appropriately with the target audience
• Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills; including experience orchestrating productive telephone meetings
• Demonstrated record of successful project oversight
• Well-developed and professional verbal/ written communication skills (including presentations)
• Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Applicable professional certification (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CIA) and willingness to obtain certifications
• Familiarity with payments products, particularly all aspects of card programs
• Aptitude in comprehending government laws and regulations (international, federal, state and local)
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170035063
Other Locations: United States, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.