U.S. Bank Valuation Analyst - Minneapolis, MN or Charlotte, NC in SAINT PAUL, Minnesota
The Valuation Analyst is a key role in ensuring security valuations are applied in accordance with the Asset Valuation Policy and Asset Valuation Sub-Committee procedures and requirements.
This individual will contribute to the oversight of the valuation process and aids in monitoring and assessing the quality of the prices being used.
The role will be integral to the determination and review of appropriate valuation of fixed income, equity, and other hard-to-value assets through adherence and continued development of the control environment.
• Research and implement industry best practices in the development of valuation methodologies and models
• Work with internal teams to develop methodology, documentation and fair valuation of securities.
• Responsible for the daily pricing process, including but not limited to, validating price movements, monitoring stale or unchanged prices, compliance price tolerance checks based on threshold deviation, and vendor pricing comparison
• Support of internal valuation-related KPIs and other metrics
• Coordinate and participate in due diligence of pricing and administration vendors
• Participate in internal and external Asset Valuation audits
• Security valuation knowledge acquired from the Mutual Fund/Investment Company industry or applicable certification.
• Solid understanding and experience with Government/Sovereign Bonds; Corporate Bonds (Investment Grade, High Yield); Municipal Bonds; Derivatives (Futures, Options, Swaps); Mortgages (Agency, Non-Agency); Emerging Market Bonds; Inflation-Linked Bonds.
• Quality control of market data and valuations, across a variety of security types and reference data types
• Generate valuation reports for management
• Perform comparison analysis of the valuations versus market data
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles for investments
• Public accounting experience a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Prior experience with valuation modeling (DCF, Comparable Company, OPM)
• Demonstrates an understanding of risk assessment and strong internal control procedures
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Capital IQ
• Expertise with Bloomberg, ICE and other evaluated service offerings
• Ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must work effectively independently
• Ability to multi-task and deal with tight deadlines in a team environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as econometrics, computer science, engineering or applied mathematics, or equivalent work experience
Four to five years of statistical experience
Experience in analytics, advanced analytics/statistics, predictive modeling
Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
Demonstrated project management skills
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or economics
4-5 years of experience valuing fixed income, private equity and/or venture capital investments
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Saint Paul
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190025118
Other Locations: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.