U.S. Bank Project Group Manager in Saint Louis, Missouri
Elavon is one of the nation’s largest processors offering cost effective payment solutions to help securely collect more payments with less effort. This position resides in the Elavon’s Project Support Office as part of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) which manages the delivery of technology solutions for the organization. The Project Support Office manages the organizational process for project execution and integration of shared services to ensure the proper due diligence to managing risk to the organization. The Project Support Office oversees the audit, maturity, and continuous improvement efforts of methodologies, tools, and templates for project management. This position designs and implements the end-to-end processes, systems and tools used by the Elavon to Plan, Analyze, Execute and Audit work performed by organization solution delivery teams.
U.S. Bank is seeking an effective Project Group Manager with proven resource and IT project management experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Directly supervises and manages all levels of program and project management/coordinator staff. May also manage projects of varied complexity levels by effectively utilizing a project management methodology and associated tools. Manages assigned resource pool and related budget to achieve project management office objectives. Ensures that direct report staff is trained, compliant, and knowledgeable about required policies and procedures. Assesses staff competencies and provides development and growth opportunities. Plans and coordinates education and training for project managers. May or may not have an organizational structure requiring supervisors within department. Utilizing approved project methodology and tools, will manage projects from initial concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas impacted by the project including executives, business lines, vendors, and internal technology resources. Monitors effectiveness and recommends improvements of project management methodology and tools. Implements enhancements and upgrades to project management process and tools. May assist business area to prioritize top initiatives and transition concepts into projects/programs. Advocates for business area's projects/programs. Manages staff of up to 20 employees; including recommendations for hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards, and reviews. Plans, develops, and controls moderate departmental budget.
• Manages initiatives that drive adherence to the organizational maturity by creating policies, procedures and reporting to increase portfolio and project execution data accuracy
• Manages audit issue remediation planning, tracking, monitoring, resolution and reporting for internal, external and regulatory audits of solutions delivery programs/projects.
• Manages analysis of Portfolio key indicators of scope, cost and schedule data in support of Portfolio & Program Managers’ periodic reporting
• Collaborate with Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers on proposed procedural updates and process improvements in accordance with Governance and Best Practices
• Collaborate with Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers to ensure accurate forecasts by providing data in comparison to Governance and Best Practices
• Manage execution of data quality reviews to ensure projects are adhering to Portfolio, Program, and Project policies and procedures
• Delivers operational reporting on a standard business cycle
• CAO/EPMO liaison to U.S. Bank and Elavon Financial Services corporate status meetings for Risk and Compliance Management, Governance Compliance and Budget.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-PMI Project Management Professional credential
-At least 10 years experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling IT projects.
Extensive experience in:
-Project planning and organization
-System development life cycle
Subject matter expert in:
-IT project management
Job: Project Management / Analysis
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180038703
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.