U.S. Bank Senior Technology Architect - Multiple locations in RICHFIELD, Minnesota
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Technology Architect with strategic analysis and enterprise-wide technology experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives and modernization efforts within Digital Banking.
• Facilitates research, design, development, and integration of emerging technology architectures to align with business strategy, goals, and objectives.
• Defines architectural principles and provides technology guidance to support business and technology goals.
• Collaborates with engineering teams on assessment and adoption of new open source technologies
• Leads development of enterprise-wide technology architectures based on current modernization technologies.
• Understands process to decompose a business domain and models microservices around the bounded context of the domains (entities, business relationships, and events)
• Identifies and communicates use of anti-patterns within a microservices-based architecture solution
• Formulates conceptual architectures and communicates architectural vision, goals, and design objectives to multiple audiences.
• Leads the development of technology strategies for emerging technologies, evaluating usefulness, and making recommendations regarding selected technologies.
• Consults with senior managers and other IT professionals to develop IT frameworks for business applications.
• Guides and consults with IT and business management regarding use of specific technologies and associated services.
• Identifies risks associated with current or new technology use.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 10 years’ experience with the concepts, philosophies, and tools behind the design of applications, information, and underlying information technologies.
• At least 10 years’ experience with developing and implementing applications.
• Leadership and hands-on experience in technology evaluation and guidance
• Experience with modernization of legacy technologies to low-code base solutions using microservices, event-based architecture, and cloud infrastructure
• Experience with distributed cache and NoSQL database technologies in support of microservices and understanding of eventually consistent data solutions
• Experience with shifting from architecture governance to technology guidance
• Comprehensive experience working with mapping business capabilities to technical applications and building software products to support those capabilities
• Extensive experience on product and vendor evaluation and recommendations
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and being an advocate for inner sourcing of solutions and frameworks
• Ability to work independently and across teams: evaluate existing needs; set appropriate objectives and priorities; initiate business line relationships; drive to results-oriented guidance; partner with technology engineers
• Detailed knowledge of DevOps practices and tools supporting the CI/CD pipeline and other application development: testing tools, processes, standards, and best practices (including application performance and production management)
• Significant experience with the tools and presentation formats necessary for documenting, communicating, and presenting architectural concepts and application roadmaps to both business and technology groups.
• Desire to stay up to date with latest technology trends and balance the risk vs. reward of incorporating changes in technology as part of the quarterly planning cycles
• Experience or understanding of Mobile and Web application development and cloud apps
• Experience with Agile Development Methodology and core concepts of moving towards modern ways of working together
• Experience with Information Security management and abuse-case modeling of software solutions
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190015588
Other Locations: Texas-TX-Irving
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.