U.S. Bank 2019 Summer Undergraduate Internship - Technology Services - Atlanta, GA in Overland Park, Kansas
Looking for an internship where you’ll really make a difference? Apply at U.S. Bank.
What You’ll Do
We offer a competitive 10-week paid internship where you’ll work on meaningful projects and effect real change at our company. Our interns get hands-on experience solving business needs and helping in the communities where we live and work. You’ll build your resume while making new connections and sharpening the skills you need to succeed at work. Plus, the work you do will be tailored to your interests. A typical employee spends eight hours a day at work. We think you should spend that time doing something you love – not just earning a paycheck.
As a U.S. Bank intern, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with senior executives, get paired with a formal mentor and attend fun events specifically tailored for interns, including a volunteer day where you’ll give back to the community. In your day-to-day work, you’ll learn how employees collaborate to serve all our stakeholders. Your meaningful work experience may even translate into a full-time position in the banking industry upon graduation.
Why U.S. Bank?
Join a team of more than 74,000 employees in 28 states and eight countries, all committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities, and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2018 World's Most Ethical Company® for four years running.
Part of doing the right thing is making sure our employees feel welcome and supported at work, while challenging you to develop personally and professionally. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
We can’t wait to meet you – apply today.
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
· Assist in development, testing, implementation and support of application systems
· Design, code, test and debug functional prototypes of web applications
· Perform basic testing (using test scripts where appropriate) to ensure prototype functions remain reliable and repeatable
· Assist in reviewing and resolving list of system vulnerabilities and extensions
· Support and manage the hardware and software of U.S. Bancorp’s computing environment
· Analyze complex data across different platforms, provide metrics and data based on analytics
· Perform other related duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, or related discipline preferred
· Demonstration of curiosity and desire to learn as well as contribute to the team
· Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
· Knowledge of IT environment, systems, applications and/or infrastructure
· Knowledge of Java, HTML, and ASP.NET, SQL, Python, and OOAD
· Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
· Strong collaboration and team building skills
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180032679
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.