U.S. Bank Reporting and Regulatory Coordinator - Corporate Audit Services in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
The Corporate Audit Services (CAS) Reporting and Regulatory Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and facilitating a broad variety of internal and external reporting and regulatory support activities for the CAS department.
• Facilitates the Chief Audit Executive’s review and approval of approximately 250 audit reports and memos per year.
• Publishes final audit reports and memos to involved parties, including CAS leadership, Managing Committee members, business line senior management, internal control partners, regulatory agencies and external auditors.
• Generates and distributes audit plan status reporting, including internal daily and weekly reporting and bi-weekly reporting to business line management.
• Distributes and tracks post-audit surveys sent to various levels of Bancorp management personnel and reports results to CAS Leadership and Management.
• Assists with the preparation and distribution of various CAS internal performance metrics reporting.
• Facilitates CAS time tracking data and reporting used for the creation of the Utilization Report and project budget allocation.
• Assists with the coordination and submission of various Board, Senior Operating Committee and other senior management committee meeting reporting.
• Manages continuous monitoring events within the Archer system for regulatory examinations, including setup, status updates (where necessary), communication/escalation to CAS teams, and post-mortem communication and tracking.
• Monitors CAS team’s completion of first day letter and ad hoc/supplemental request responses for timely delivery to Regulatory Services.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Data Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Five or more years of experience in data management and reporting activities (financial services/internal audit or risk management preferred)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to be flexible with working hours.
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190006553
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.