U.S. Bank Independent Issue Validation Analyst in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
The Independent Issue Validation Analyst position is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys ensuring testing and issue resolution work is completed and sustainable and to utilize their testing and risk assessment skills. The analyst will validate the remediation of the exceptions, conduct testing, and perform credible challenge while interacting extensively with individuals across U.S. Bank. This position is housed within the Independent Issue Validation (IIV) testing team, which is an independent function within Risk Management and Compliance.
• Validate resolution plans to ensure they adequately address the root cause of identified issues found in the business lines and evaluate whether corrective actions are sustainable.
• Conduct a detailed review of evidence to support the closure and remediation of issues.
• Perform detailed re-tests to support issues have been effectively implemented and the related risk exposure has been reduced.
• Conduct credible challenge and provide Senior Management with value added feedback to verify issues have been appropriately resolved.
• Work closely with business line risk management, subject matter experts, and IIV management to address matters of concern and ensure issues are properly remediated.
• Identify trends, including repeat issues and inadequate corrective actions taken by business line.
• Perform periodic re-testing to verify the adequacy of business unit and testing team remediation.
• Create reporting for management based on the results of the validation review
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Applicable professional certifications
Strong oral, written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Background in operational risk management, information technology security, financial services regulatory compliance and related laws and regulations, including Unfair or Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with various levels of management.
Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with business units.
Accountable for and able to manage time effectively and work under minimal supervision both individually and as part of a team.
Willingness to obtain and maintain professional designations.
Ability to plan, analyze, and prioritize work effectively.
PC literacy (MSWord, Excel, Access, electronic mail such as Lotus Notes or Outlook).
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180024887
Other Locations: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis, Wisconsin-WI-Milwaukee
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.