U.S. Bank EDD Deputy Operations Manager in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
The Deputy Operations Manager role is mission critical to the effective performance of the EFCC/Operations Enhanced Due Diligence Team. The incumbent will have a dual role: key responsibilities will focus on (1) dedicated support of all recurring and ad hoc EDD Operational functions, and (2) development, implementation and ongoing analysis of Key Performance and Risk Indicators (KPI/KRI), and trends relevant to the EFCC EDD Team, Operations and broader EFCC risk concerns. The incumbent must be able to serve in a leadership role in support of Team initiatives.
In fulfillment of these dual key responsibilities, the incumbent will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Critical thinking: Develop the methodologies designed to collect, analyze and report on KPI/KRI/metrics. Ability to understand and diagnose complex risk issues. Serve as a subject matter expert on customer risks such as AML terrorist financing and other reputational risk issues. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively engage with Team members, clients, other employees and management at all levels. Must be able to clearly articulate issues, risks and action plans relevant to Operations initiatives and KPI/KRI/metrics. Ability to work comfortably as a team member and facilitator
• Detail oriented: Disciplined approach to development, implementation and analysis of KPI/KRI/metrics, as well as Team operations support. Identify, source, report on, and derive meaningful insights from, KPI/KRI/metrics associated with EFCC EDD operations; identify emerging risk issues for immediate escalation to leadership.
• Risk Sensitive: Ability to self-identify and evaluate potential risks in any given case and escalate accordingly
• Confident self-starter and self-motivator.
• Will independently own, develop, implement and analyze KPI/KRI/metrics as a sole contributor, and will provide DOM support as part of a Team
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 7 to 10 years in an operational environment with a focus on identifying and analyzing indicators, trends and drivers of key risk issues utilizing multiple types of source data, e.g., news reports, government reports, private sector “think tank” data, financial industry news, quantitative and qualitative data sets.
• Applicable professional certifications
• Extensive experience in complex risk analysis
• Demonstrated success delivering high quality results in a dynamic operational environment.
• Preferred additional experience in the following: AML Compliance, Criminal, Civil or Fraud investigations, Legal, Law Enforcement or Military, Intelligence or Academic Research
• Knowledge of FFIEC, AML, EDD. KYC, and CIP/CDD and OFAC regulatory requirements, information and documentation standards
• Knowledge of Bank systems
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Solid PC skills (Microsoft Office); experience with Vizio or other project management software a plus.
• Ability to self-prioritize work activity to maximize performance against agreed targets for Ops functions and service level agreements around KPI/KRI/metrics.
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170034072
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.