U.S. Bank Contact Center Shared Services- Learning & Development Lead in Knoxville, Tennessee
The Contact Center Learning and Development Manager will have responsibility for training development and training operations spanning all of our contact center operations groups. This functional area drives a great deal of customer and employee experience and performance impact for our contact centers and therefore requires a leader with extensive experience and a long record of accomplishment.
The leader will:
Manage team of 5-7 direct reports in department of up to 75 staff including curriculum designers, curriculum developers, training administrators, training accessors and trainers. The team will be distributed across multiple sites and some members may be dedicated to specific contact centers or lines of business. Training delivery will be within individual contact center sites as well as crossing multiple contact centers and lines of business.
Develop training philosophy, policies, programs and support materials; ensure training programs address business objectives and employee needs (including training for required certifications and licensing).
Analyze training needs (including efficacy) and requirements; investigate available training options to determine the most effective alternatives.
Ensure training staff has tools necessary to effectively deliver and administer training.
Develop and maintain a resource training and development library; ensure catalogs of core curriculum and training resources are available and/or disseminated to appropriate areas.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with all contact center leaders, across all lines of business.
Report training status and escalations within and across lines of business; assess and advise management on effectiveness of programs and practices.
Work across lines of business, interface with internal and external contributors (contact centers, shared services, corporate training, TOS, finance, risk, compliance, etc.) to prioritize resources and ensure successful contact center training operation.
Work closely with contact center leadership and within Shared Services (in particular, Leads for Recruiting, Reporting and Analytics and Quality Assurance) to ensure appropriate content development, class scheduling, alignment with hiring/onboarding and training effectiveness.
Analyze, recommend, negotiate and maintain vendor contracts where required; ensure relationships are managed in a cost effective manner and evaluate the quality of all services and costs on an on-going basis; prepare and maintain vendor resource guide.
Lead and coach team on pursuit of process improvements to increase overall contact center effectiveness, increase employee and customer satisfaction.
Define, document, share, advocate and adopt best practices for curriculum design and development and training / adult learning in both in-person/classrooms as well as e-learning programs across the bank’s contact centers.
Collaborate with other Shared Services group leads to create bench strength within the Shared Services group and develop a plan to ensure employees have the opportunity to grow both within and across contact center positions.
Represent the contact centers in working groups and project teams to set direction of training at U.S. Bank.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair
• Undergraduate degree; advanced degree strongly preferred.
• 10 or more years in curriculum design and development and training.
• 5 or more years in managing curriculum designers, developers, trainers and training assessment.
• Experienced with classroom, remote (live, web based instructor led), electronic (recorded, static content, games) as well as integration with other mediums including coaching.
• Knowledge of contact center operations, processes and technologies strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a matrixed management structure strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to drive performance.
• Experience in setting and exceeding goals.
• Ability to creatively solve problems and accomplish goals.
• Prior success in creating new departments or teams strongly preferred.
• Strong communication and team building skills.
• Clear ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships.
• Strong ability to work via collaboration.
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170023861