U.S. Bank Full Stack Engineer - API in CHICAGO, Illinois
Are you passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production? We at U.S. Bank are seeking a Full Stack Engineer to lead and deliver game-changing API solutions. You will have an opportunity to design, develop and deliver software leveraging your technical expertise and grow in breadth of technology in more than one area. Your strong design, analytical and problem solving skills will be crucial to our success.
About the Team
The U.S. Bank Enterprise API team contributes significantly to enabling our customer-focused experience. We are the first bank to use mobile to open accounts and we are using our data intelligence to bring a next-generation, holistic experience to customers across U.S. Bank.
The top challenges for the team are delivering APIs for our rapidly evolving product, balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the architecture to handle the scale of 2.5 million daily customers conducting transactions through mobile, online and other digital channels. Read our growth strategy at https://www.usbank.com/en/annual_report/investment/one-us-bank.html.
• You will be working on cutting-edge open source frameworks, to build highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Data for development.
• You will bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Terraform/Ansible, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
• You will support the Dev Manager and work as part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers delivering our new API that is used by many internal applications and potentially to publish as public API.
• With excellent programming skills in a couple of languages and extensive API experience developing elegant, versioned, resilient and secure services, you will be collaborating with product owners, product managers and the business on feature development, as well as mentoring other engineers and advising managers.
• DevOps experience so that you can own an entire engineering problem rather than a piece of code.
• Working collaboratively, able to communicate effectively and commitment to be part of a successful team.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 7 years of experience with developing and implementing applications
• At least 5 years of experience developing multiple programming languages, frameworks, and patterns
• At least 4 years of experience developing and deploying applications on public cloud
• At least 3 years of experience with microservices and REST APIs
• Master’s Degree
• 3 years’ experience designing, developing, and implementing API
• 1 year of Agile experience
• Experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Understanding of Test Driven Development concepts and supportive tools like Cucumber
• Understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming concepts using languages like Java
• Solid programming skills in one language (Java/SpringBoot), deep knowledge of REST API and a track record of getting stuff done
• Experience in a major server-less development, including infrastructure.
• Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
• Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
• Experience with scripting languages like Python
• Familiarity with Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Terraform
• Familiarity with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker
Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: IL-IL-Chicago
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180035533
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.