U.S. Bank Economic Sanctions Adjudication Analyst in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Economic Sanctions Adjudication Analyst is responsible for fulfilling the Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements through enhanced evaluation, identification, and research of relationships on behalf of U.S. Bank of both new and existing accounts.
Responsibilities include performing analysis and enhanced due diligence on results from OFAC/Sanctions and PEP watchlist screening of customer accounts according to U.S. Bank policy and procedures. The role will partner with other Enterprise Financial Crimes Compliance (EFCC) departments and Business Lines to complete due diligence review and report details as needed to appropriate areas. Responsibilities also include back up and support for Sanctions related escalations from Business Lines including but not limited to wire transactions, international ACH transactions (IAT) and trade finance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Analyze output of OFAC/Sanctions and PEP watchlist screening and make decisions on appropriate action to take.
• Maintain thorough documentation of analysis performed.
• Work cooperatively with U.S. Bank internal departments to obtain and evaluate necessary information related to the analysis.
• Assist in implementation of OFAC/Sanctions and PEP detection methods, such as training and instruction manuals
• Assist with departmental tracking and reporting.
• Support any special projects or critical casework.
• Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all AML, BSA, information security, and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
• Remains current on legal, regulatory AML/BSA, OFAC and PEP requirements and actions.
OTHER FUNCTIONS :
• Analyze sanctions related escalations from Business lines (wire transactions, IAT, trade finance, etc.) and make decisions on appropriate action to take.
Bachelors’ degree or the equivalent in work experience
1 - 2 years’ experience in OFAC, PEP and/or AML/BSA analysis
Preferred Skills / Experience:
Extensive knowledge of AML/BSA, OFAC, PEP and FinCEN-related laws and regulations
Knowledge of U.S. Bank’s operations, systems, and practices within business units
Knowledge of AML/BSA, OFAC and PEP laws and regulations
Excellent communication and written skills
Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
Strong self-motivation and organizational skills
Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
Ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts on a daily basis
Documented record of achieving results both individually and in a team setting
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and/or experience in using other database applications
Job: Risk Management / Fraud Prevention
Primary Location: IL-IL-Chicago
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170024414