U.S. Bank Merger and Acquisition Senior Information Security Engineer - Telecommute in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced Merger and Acquisition Senior Information Security Engineer with demonstrated competence and thought leadership capability to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
• Serve as the senior SME for the pertinent security technologies.
• As applicable, perform management activities such as design, implementation, monitoring, capacity planning, scalability testing, fail-over testing, and audit compliance.
• Support operationalization and continuous optimization of security solution capabilities through tuning and enhancements that align with identified threats and overall organizational risk appetite.
• As directed, deploy and operate security solutions including, but not limited to WAF, SIEM, DLP, DAMM, IDS/IPS and forward/reverse proxies.
• Support security integration and monitoring for the devices on the network; to include laptops, workstations, servers, printers and network devices.
• Verify logs from devices on the network sent to SIEM for correlation and alerting.
• As required, monitor and investigate alerts arising from the SIEM.
• Participate in and support “incident response” team efforts and other security investigation activities as assigned.
• Assist in extending SOC and CSIRT processes, procedures and training.
• Perform analysis of events/incidents and provide remediation suggestions to relevant owners.
• Identify, isolate, and document solution defects and work with the owner/vendor to bring issues to resolution.
• Create and regularly evaluate process, quality control, and configuration management documentation.
• Partner with other teams to ensure the successful deployment of security tools (e.g., Business lines, Network Operations, Risk Mgmt, Audit/Compliance, other ISS teams etc.)
• Participate as an on-call resource.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent work experience
Five or more year of experience in information security
Two or more years of experience in IT infrastructure management, application architecture, risk management, middleware technology, and IT project management
• 5 years of proven success in a similar security or operations role.
• Technical knowledge of security/network engineering and operations.
• Operational/engineering experience with forward/reverse proxy servers, with Web Application Firewalls, and IDS/IPS solutions
• Experience with Linux/Unix Servers or Windows Servers.
• Confident ability to recognize security events of interest that may require improved detection/alerting capabilities.
• Familiarity with monitoring, event correlation and alert/detection technologies.
• Knowledge of data loss protection tools e.g., DLP, DAMM, CASB, etc.
• Knowledge of tokenization and encryption technologies.
• Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
• Understanding of tiered defense security design.
• Familiarity with common industry best practices e.g., SABSA, TOGAF, ITIL, SDLC, AGILE.
• Experience creating reports and solutions to capture metrics/KPIs.
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and influence others to comply with policies/conform to standards and best practices.
• Exceptional documentation and writing skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and process.
• Willing to work non-traditional hours when necessary.
• Understanding of information security and incident response tools and technologies.
• Experience with memory forensics, network packet capture analysis.
• Project management skills.
• Systems integration experience.
• CISSP, GIAC, CISA, or other appropriate certifications.
• Experience with Human based penetration testing of core builds e.g., leveraging standard tool such as NMAP, Nessus, IDA pro, Burpsuite, Kali-linux, Metasploit, Wireshark, SecureCRT and/or Putty.
• Experience performing automated and manual offensive penetration testing using industry standards tools such as those listed above.
• Experience with Fortify SAST and WebSense DAST code analysis tools
• Experience with process/test automation, development and/or scripting e.g., REST, Java, Ruby, Python, Power/Unix Shell, etc.
• Experience with audit related frameworks, such as the MITRE Security Framework, ISO/EIC 27001, COBIT, NIST Cyber Security Framework, and Common Control Framework.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190013760
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.